David Barker (my email address is my first initial and last name @eproblemsolver.com)
Information Security Expert with a strong understanding of the security services market combined with a versatile repertoire of technical engineering skills.
• Proven ability to identify and leverage technical and market strengths in dynamic environments.
• Successful experience developing key partner and account relationships.
• Accomplished in both management and engineering
• Technical Skills include:
* Firewall design, installation, configuration and administration. Exceptionally proficient with Check Point Software security solutions.
* IDS/IPS design, installation, configuration and administration. Exceptionally proficient with Internet Security Systems (ISS) solutions.
* Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Tests utilizing Common Hacking Attack Methodology
* Content filtering solutions, including UCE or SPAM mitigation.
— Systems design, integration and administration.
— Linux/Unix server security and administration.
— Microsoft Windows Server security and administration.
— Networking expertise in routing and switching, including 802.1x, BGP, OSPF, and Wireless Lan (WLAN) security.
Numerous Certifications from top security organizations including, Check Point, RSA, McAfee, Nokia, and Surfcontrol
2002 to Present
SENIOR SECURITY ENGINEER
Returned to Compuquip Technologies to facilitate the maturation of security offerings as well as provide support and guidance to emerging managed service offerings and network operation center.
• Provided pre-sales engineering for security software, hardware and services.
• Post-sales implementation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus and other security services.
• Performed penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
• Developed security policies and strategy for business continuity.
• Developed managed security framework for firewall and ids monitoring.
• Helped Compuquip Technologies achieve Check Point Platinum Partner status, one of only 40 world wide, and the only one in Florida.
• Designed, implemented, guided and supported the network security solutions for large enterprise and government clients.
• Currently supporting the top 10 Check Point customers in Florida with more than 80% of the top 100.
2000 to 2001
World Web USA Partnership, LLP / eBiznet Corporation
Managing Partner / Chief Technology Officer
Brought on board by founder to assist in startup of new B2B services division, Corporate Mirror, providing complex Internet and Intranet hosting for enterprises with mission-critical network operations.
• Oversaw creation of multi-million dollar data center facility including budgeting, engineering, and equipment decisions.
• Developed product and services offerings including: data center and provisioning services; rack, floor and cabinet space; expandable bandwidth; virtual private network (VPN) implementation; catastrophe planning; redundancy/mirror solutions; data safe and back up services; vulnerability analysis; managed firewall; intrusion detection; penetration testing; and consulting services.
• Developed strategic partnerships and alliances with DefendNet, StartCall, Network Engines, Cisco Systems, and Thawte.
• Partnered with wireless telecommunications provider and developed unique solution that enabled use of existing location and ability to reach outlying areas, creating an added-value service for customers and eliminating the need to lay cable (a $30-million expenditure).
• Set up “integrator program,” inviting the local system integrators to sell the Corporate Mirror facility as their facility, enabling them to offer services they wouldn’t normally have while allowing Corporate Mirror to outsource sales force without incurring additional costs.
• Member of executive fundraising team, raised over $5 million in capital.
• Serve as one of nine elected members of World Web USA’s Board of Managers to protect the investors’ interests along with other board members including a VP of Lockheed Martin, a VP of Carlson, the President of Lee Engineering, and a Consultant for Price Waterhouse Coopers.
• Negotiated a merger with Ebiznet Corporation for more than 2.5 times book value. Stayed on for a few months to oversee transition.
Senior Network Engineer / Team Leader
Managed a team of network engineers for this privately held computer systems integration company.
• Fully responsible for servicing key accounts, serving as a field mentor to engineers and liaison between Compuquip engineering teams and accounts. Assisted accounts in MIS decision-making regarding networks and identifying IT solutions.
• Held complete responsibility for Sandals Resorts accounts including security and network design. In conjunction with Cisco Systems, designed corporate VPN connecting Sandals’ U.S. corporate offices with ten resorts in Jamaica, United Kingdom and St. Lucia. Set up www.Sandals.com web server, firewall and routers.
• Stepped in to troubleshoot problem with Yupi.com (now part of Microsoft Network MSNl) server after other engineers had been unable to resolve and, using Linux, created a solution which was still in use more than one year after merger with MSN.
• Developed a deployment strategy for Community Bank of Florida to reduce branch rollout delivery time to 20% of original expectation.
1997-98 Eras JV / Colonial Bank
Systems Integration Manager / Senior Systems Analyst
Managed a team of network support technicians, database administrators, and systems engineers, developing and implementing wide area solutions for banks and allowing for increased services.
• Implemented network security measures for all connected banks and internal systems, database administration for multiple bank client/server systems.
• Developed an Internet web presence and access platform for Eras and other clients.
• Reduced outstanding issues by 400%.
1996-97 University of Florida
Consultant and Security Specialist
Shared network administration responsibilities with a team of network administrators.
• Discovered flaws in password algorithm, uncovering a major security hole.
• Developed a software program to track system users.
• Assisted and educated system users (faculty, staff, and students).
B.S., Business Administration / Computer and Information Science, 1997
University of Florida
Professional Education / Certifications
RSA Certified Systems Engineer (enVision) 2007
Nokia Security Administrator 2007
RSA Certified Systems Engineer (SecurID) 2006
Network Intelligence Certified Engineer (NICE) 2006
Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-SSL) 2006
Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE), 2002, 2004
Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA), 2002, 2004
Aladdin Esafe Certified Engineer (eSCE), 2002, 2004
McAfee Risk Management Professional (Foundstone) 2006
McAfee Network Intrusion Technical Professional 2006
McAfee Systems Intrusion Technical Professional 2004
Sans Hacker Techniques and Incident Handling 2004
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), 2000
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), 2000